Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Studying Again, Linux Kernel This Time

Some time ago, somehow I got interested in studying Linux kernel. Credit goes to Shweta, whenever I talked to her, she explained me some kernel stuff. More than me, AirTel should be thankful to her for talking half of the time about that crazy kernel stuff (Seriously, I thought I should talk to her less frequently now). And if that was not enough, at the end of almost each conversation, I had to face a question from her, when would I start studying Linux kernel? :o

No, No. This question was not THAT bad. Actually, I had started getting serious about her kernel learning. Not that she forcefully made me to do this, I only used to keep her telling that I also want to study Linux kernel (may be, to shut her up when she forgot to take a break talking about it 15-20 mins nonstop). But every time I said so, I used to keep one excuse ready to escape and that is what irritated her.

After all, two months of intentional procrastination ended when I became a little free from the project work. Anyways, there were no more excuses left and even if the project had been stretched, I would have to start.

It has been two months now reading these books called LKD, UTLK, and LDD. And I am actually enjoying it. I understand now why geeks (and Shweta) call Linux a beautiful, fascinating piece of code, may be the best software ever written by humankind.

I am on this great road of fascinating journey. Learning a lot, seriously!!

0 comments: